Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Right Move

I just barely made my flight out of Iqaluit, because I was rushing around trying to buy an ulu. I didn't end up getting one, but managed to just get on my plane. I did, however, learn a valuable lesson about buying things as soon as you see them rather than waiting to find something better.

My flight was fine. I am very dissatisfied with First Air and wish that I had been able to fly Canadian North instead, but I didn't have a choice. My Dad picked me up and drove me to his farm.

I worked all day on Friday doing yardwork at the farm and then got a ride to the airport. Now is the best time to work outside, because it's mild, but the ground isn't muddy and the bugs aren't out yet.

I was very impressed with Air Canada's self-service check-in terminals. I especially liked the seat-chosing feature where you can look at the plane and pick the seat you want. I wanted an aisle seat, but they were all taken so I took a middle seat in the one row that only had two seats. Though it was considered a middle seat, it was in reality an aisle. When I dropped off n itmy bag the agent asked if I was travelling alone and if I would prefer a non-middle seat. I told him what I had done, and he looked it up for himself and said, "Nice choice."

The flight was fine and I was lucky enough to get an airport pick-up.

It turned out that a bad blizzard did hit Iqaluit and that the flights were unable to land and take-off. I made the right decision to leave on Thursday. That doesn't happen often, but it feels good when I do something right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter