Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

You're Invitation to Good Grammar

There is a lot of stress and worry in professing to be an English teacher.

I sent out an invitation to a party that I'm hosting for New Year's Eve. Within it was one of my most hated of grammatical errors: the you're/your error.

There. I admit it. I made a mistake. I'm not ashamed of it either, and this isn't the first time it's happened either. I've done it many times before, and I plan on doing it again.

I swear it didn't mean anything. I still care about grammar, and I still care about spelling.

If people didn't put so much pressure on English teachers then maybe I wouldn't be running around all over town making grammatical errors. I'm just a man. I'm just an English teacher. I'm trying to do his best, but I am human. Why don't you get off my case? It isn't as if I'm entirely to blame here.

Fortunately, my kind friends (save one) were nice enough not to point out the error. To all those readers of the invitation who were sickened and disgusted (and those who read this blog), I'll try not to let it happen again, but I'm not making any promises.

I've had a taste of being bad and I like it.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo - where's the link to your RSS feed? I'm trying to subscribe to your blog using Bloglines but I can't find the link anywhere. Also - how's that Pez page coming?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter