Dignan and Anthony

Though certainly not controversial, political, or -some might say- interesting, this is my blog about the things that I see and do in my life. I guess that, in reality, that is all anyone blogs about, but this one is mine.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Call to Inaction

I must first admit that from time to time I may have nothing better to do. I may have too much spare time. I may procrastinate. I may sit around doing nothing. I may waste time. I may be bored. I may have some spare time in my life. This does happen. I can admit that.

I can boldly declare, however, that I have never posted a comment at the end of a news story. I never will.

I find the user-posted comments to be utter rubbish. The family of Rick Rypien isn't going to go to cbcsports.ca and read the comments posted by readers at the end of an article discussing his death. Why they would be interested in sifting through comments like "RIP Rick: You are in a better place now", or "27 years old is way too soon to leave this world". These comments add nothing. The article provided excerpts of condolence from the NHL and the NHLPA. We all know it's sad when people die. I don't need someone to post it.

It is a journalists job to be balanced and unbiased. It is not the journalist's job to tell me how to feel. It should not be the role of "dovescry," "Crazed Monkey," or "sexyrexy" to tell me how I should feel after reading a news article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter